Live in Carer – Wiltshire
Are you someone who is looking to give something back? Maybe you're looking for a challenge, or to start a new career in a different industry. For the right person, becoming a Live In Carer is one of the most rewarding jobs there is. This role is hard, no question about it. You need to be committed and the days can be long, however, for many, meeting incredible people and making a difference to their lives day in and day can be a truly rewarding experience.
Who are Saxon Care?
Here at Saxon care, we are a family-run business who have spent the last 12 years providing outstanding support in our local communities. Our aim is to help and support clients to stay as independent as possible in the comfort of their own homes.
We’re an award-winning team, having won at Wiltshire’s Proud to Care awards and we’re consistently named one of the top twenty providers in the South West of England according to homecare.co.uk. Recently we have been named as a top twenty small home care provider in the whole of the UK, and we couldn’t be prouder of our team and that the hard work they put in is being recognised.
What does this role involve?
As a Live-In Carer, your primary responsibility involves providing continuous care and support to clients in the comfort of their own homes, ensuring they can maintain their independence and quality of life. You will be living with the clients and assisting them with their daily challenges to promote their well-being and comfort.
Your duties may include personal care, such as assisting with bathing, toileting, and grooming, as well as providing support with meal preparation and medication management. Additionally, you may be responsible for attending to the needs of their pets and organising outings and social activities to keep them engaged and connected.
Each client you care for will have unique requirements, and you will adapt your approach accordingly. Some clients may need more extensive personal care assistance, while others may require more help with household tasks. Your compassionate and attentive care will make a meaningful difference in the lives of those you support.
You will also play a crucial role in offering companionship and emotional support. This could involve accompanying them to appointments, facilitating outings, and giving family members the opportunity for some well-deserved rest and relaxation.
As a Live-In Carer, you will build strong bonds with the clients and become an integral part of their lives, ensuring they feel safe, comfortable, and valued in their own homes. Your dedication and commitment to their well-being will contribute significantly to enhancing their overall quality of life.
What are the benefits of taking this role?
At Saxon Care, we believe that caring is an incredibly important job to do in your local community. We treat our carers as professionals, given that they have a wide range of responsibilities, and believe that this professionalism should be reflected in the daily rate.
Here’s a few reasons why we’re a bit different from the rest:
Salaries above the living wage
- With our starting day rate of £115 (which includes enhancements for working unsociable hours like evenings and weekends) and double-time pay on public holidays, we pay above the living wage.
Guaranteed hours contracts
- We can offer guaranteed hours contracts
Mileage paid at 45p per mile
- To help with rising costs of fuel, we offer paid mileage of 45p per mile in addition to paid travel and waiting time between your client visits.
Paid training and shadowing
- A lot of companies will ask you to start and go through your training on a voluntary basis. At Saxon Care, we pay you for your time spent training, shadowing and learning the ropes! We also offer a wide range of training courses after your mandatory training, if there’s anything you are interested in learning more about or you want to further your career knowledge.
Opportunities for career progression
- we’re proud that a number of our key carers, care co-ordinators and even managers have all started out as care assistants at Saxon Care. We believe in recruiting and promoting from within and offer plenty of help and support, including access to Diplomas, for anyone who wants to progress and further their careers.
29 days holiday pay per year (pro rata)
- we offer 28 days paid holiday per year, plus an extra day for your birthday on us, as standard for full time employees (pro-rata).
- We offer a cash based reward scheme where staff can get bonuses for things like referring a friend, bringing someone new to care into the industry or going the extra mile for us!
Is this role right for me?
Experience is preferred, but not essential as we provide training as part of your induction and onboarding process with us. As we are based in the community, you will need your own transport (such as a car) along with business insurance. Applicants also need to be 18 years or over due to requirements to work in domiciliary care and have the right to work in the UK.
Please note that we are sadly unable to offer Sponsorship for overseas candidates at this time.
Applicants undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as part of our recruitment process also.
Complete our online application form and hear back within 48.